Applying for scholarships can be difficult and time-consuming but well worth the effort. Here are some tips to help you on your scholarship search.
1. Check with your Grade 12 counsellor. They are a great resource on scholarships including in-school scholarships, Vancouver School Board scholarships and BC Ministry of Education Awards.
2. Check out the scholarship, awards, and student aid websites for the schools you are interested in attending. Many schools offer their own scholarships and bursaries.
3. Make a list of all the organizations that you and your family members are a part of. For example, if you have been volunteering at the YMCA, you might be eligible for a scholarship through them. Your parents’ membership to an organization/union or where they work may also be providing scholarships.
Does your parent work here? Check out Higher Education Scholarships to see if your parents’ employer is listed. You might be eligible for a scholarship through these companies.
6. Check out winning scholarship application samples – TwinBro.
7. Visit Key to Scholarships and check out the resources including the scholarship calendar available.
8. Also check out this handy resource book by Student Scholarship on BC Scholarships:
9. Check out the scholarship book (scholarships sponsored by external organizations e.g. Coast Capital Savings, TD Canada Trust etc.) and resources in the Career Centre.
If you require further assistance or would like access to more scholarship opportunities, please come visit the Career Centre!