$500 – recognizing a youth who has shown commitment to Thunderbird Community Centre/Thunderbird Community. Some criteria: enrolled in secondary school or post-secondary; currently in or has been a volunteer in the Youth Incentive Program (YIP) and volunteered at TCC with a minimum of 200 volunteers hours; maintained acceptable academics in current year of study (minimum C average). Due Friday, May 20th, 2016. Complete details and application here: ThunderbirdAwardApplication
An Invitation from Gladstone Secondary – Scholarship Information Seminar – Free – Thursday, April 21st, 2016 – 3:15PM to 4:30PM – www.keytoscholarships.com
Gladstone Invitation Unlock your Future Handout 2016
Graduating students who demonstrate superior achievement in any of the following areas may apply for these scholarships. Please see your counsellor or the subject teacher for the area of study you are applying for to receive an application.
- Applied Skills (Business, Info. Tech, Home Ec., Tech. Educ.)
- Fine Arts (drama, music, visual arts, dance)
- Physical Activity (PE, Sparts)
- International Languages (including AP and IB)
- Community Service (volunteer activity in the community)
- Technical Trades Training (carpentry, automotive, mechanics, cook training)
- Indigenous Languages and Culture (new category)
- Students must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents at the time of application and be BC residents.
- Scholarship will be awarded as $1250 voucher.
- Students must give their application to Annette Vey-Chilton NO LATER THAN Wednesday, May 11, 2016 (late applications will not be accepted).
- Students can only apply for one District Scholarship. They should apply under the area of study that is most relevant to them, but may note other acceptable courses they took (or are taking) at Tech.
- Students MUST include a copy of their SIN card or a legal document showing their SIN number. If their SIN number cannot be verified, their application will not be accepted.
The Tom and Phyllis Veazey Scholarship is a fully funded (tuition, books and fees of an approximate value of $10,000 per year), four year scholarship to The University of British Columbia. Please see Ms. Farnell as soon as possible if you would like to be nominated. Some criteria: demonstrated academic achievement, a history of and an intent to continue participating in and contributing to the community, and the promise of using your education to make a positive difference in the lives of others. More info and application package here: Veazey Scholarship Foundation 2016
Please click here Websites for a listing of websites which you may find useful. (Scholarships, Awards, Student Loans, Government of BC Ministry of Education, University, College, Studying Abroad, Trades and Apprenticeship, Labour Market, etc.)
Please click here scholarships15-16-VT to view scholarship opportunities. This list will be continually updated as new information is available. Please note scholarships that are due early in the school year.
More scholarships for you to look at: MoreScholarships15-16
Where Can I Look For Scholarships? Where Can I Look for Scholarships